714.706.3992 Call for a Free Phone Consultation
Serving Orange County

Orange County Family Law Attorneys

Using A Mediator To Resolve Child Custody Issues In Orange County

Posted By Judy Williams || 26-Oct-2014

Child Custody Mediation Attorneys

When a marriage dissolves, or when two unmarried people have a child together, they must deal with issues regarding timeshare, parenting and child custody. As with divorce, it is becoming increasingly common for parents to choose out-of-court methods to draft parenting agreements. Family Law Mediation is becoming more and more common to help couples reach agreements regarding how they will parent their child(ren). An experienced family law mediation attorney has developed skills and methods to help couples explore parenting options they might not have considered without the help of a mediator. Mediation can provide a more efficient, less dramatic and more cost effective option for many people.

Contact Orange County Child Custody Lawyer Judy Williams today to discuss your case. Dial 888-614-0171. With many years’ experience handling all types of family law issues, Ms. Williams will protect your children’s best interests and will assist the couple in reaching fair, equitable solutions to any problems connected with the children.

California child custody laws allow for modifications to be made to an existing consent order and even to custody orders under certain circumstances and parameters. California Law provides for changes to an existing court order if there have been significant changes to the situation since the Order was made. Examples of such significant changes are a significant change in timeshare, a change in work schedules impacting the parenting time available, a new marriage for either party, and/or new children added to either household. If you are considering a necessary change to your existing child custody, it would be wise to enlist the aid of a skilled and experienced child custody modification attorney.

California Child Custody Modification Laws

A custody order can only be modified in certain situations:

  • • If the original custody order that you want to change is a consent order (you and the Respondent(s) agreed to the custody arrangement), then it can be changed or modified anytime the Court finds that it is in the “best interest” of the child.
  • • If the original custody order was entered by the Court after a full hearing AND it has been less than two years since it was entered, the order can be changed only if the Court finds that continuing to enforce the order would endanger the child’s physical health or significantly impair the child’s emotional development

Modifying an existing child custody and visitation order can be a very complex legal task, which can easily be accomplished with the help of an experienced mediator.

Contact An Irvine Child Custody Modification Lawyer

If you are interested in making changes to your existing child custody agreement, call the Center for Mediated Divorce. Ms. Williams will explain all options to you so you can see if mediation makes sense for you. Dial 888-614-0171.

Categories: Child Custody

Get Help Now!

Send Info

The Right Attorney

  • Avvo Rating of 9.4 Superb
  • Voted Top OC Divorce Lawyer
  • Nearly 20 Years Of Experience
  • Affordable Divorce Fees
9.4 superb Avvo